While scouring Pinterest the other day, I found this amazing recipe for Greek yogurt souffle courtesy of Jules Food. I made it for dessert a couple nights ago and it was super easy and delicious. It was light as air when it was fresh out of the oven and super delicious. Even after it fell, it tasted just like delicious, super light cheesecake.
Best of all, this recipe supposedly has 7 grams of protein and only 80 calories per serving. I will make this again and again. I didn't even feel bad about having a leftover for breakfast the next morning
Greek Yogurt Souffle
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 3 Tbsp AP flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup sugar
- pinch cream of tarter
- Preheat oven to 375
- Butter 6 6oz ramekins and coat the insides with sugar. Shake out and set on a baking sheet
- Mix together yogurt, egg yolks, flour, salt and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy. Add sugar and whisk until firm but soft peaks form
- Fold the egg white mixture into the yogurt mixture ⅓ at a time. Be sure to keep as much volume as possible.
- Divide into ramekins and bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Do not open the oven to peak.
- Serve immediately, though they will taste like great light cheesecake when cool as well.