Coconut Pistachio Biscotti


I used to drink coffee every morning (not always with a biscotti). In the last few years, the acid from coffee has begun to bother me more and more, to the point that I can no longer drink coffee in the morning on an empty stomach because it will upset my stomach too much.

I usually drink tea in the morning and in the afternoons now. I like it better than coffee anyway and always have. I'll only have coffee when I make biscotti, because sometimes things just go better together.

These biscotti have a very tropical flavor and a great salty-richness from the pistachios. They are not too sweet and just delightful with a cup of coffee. I highly recommend this recipe. (Do you file this under cookie or breakfast? I don't know)

Enjoy! And enjoy my favorite coffee mug teaching you how to eat a lobster.

Coconut Pistachio Biscotti


Ingredients
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ½ cup softened butter
  • 1 tsp coconut extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 ½ cups AP flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ cup coconut
  • 1 cup pistachios


Directions

  1. Toast coconut and pistachios for 5 minutes and remove to let cool
  2. Fist together flour, baking powder and salt.
  3. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and coconut extract, then add flour mixture and mix until it comes together. It will be very stiff
  4. Mix in coconut and pistachios.
  5. Divide into two parts and form each into a loaf about 10 inches long. Flatten biscotti until it is about 3 inches wide and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  6. Bake for about 30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
  7. Slice loaves into individual biscotti (about ½ inch thick). Place cut side down on the cookie sheet and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
  8. Allow cookies to cool and store in airtight container

Comments